Friday, October 1, 2010

Onna Village, Okinawa Japan

IMG_4239

Onna Village is located on the west coast of the island and contains many of Okinawa's resort hotels and top snorkeling destinations. I attempted to visit as many of these locations as possible in the little free time I had.

928593870_qnHCC-O

This is supposedly one of the top beaches in Okinawa. The fact that there were rocks everywhere, no people, and the smell of rotting seaweed led me to believe otherwise.

928593250_7CzkR-O

I don't believe this location has a name, but is very close to the Renaissance Beach and Hotel pictured on the right. This area was accessed from the back porch of a local bar. Bad children.

IMG_4231

Bar decoration at sunset.

IMG_4360

This is the Okinawa Zanpa Royal Hotel with Zanpa beach off to the left. The snorkeling here was decent but lacked marine life.

IMG_4218

A little further north sits the famous Maeda Point - one of the top snorkeling destinations in the world. This is basically the only picture I have of this place as I did not want to bring my camera with me into the water. The diversity of marine life here was amazing. Around the corner to the right sits a massive cave lined with fire coral - a fact I found out the hard way.

IMG_4489

This is Manza Beach and is easily the best beach I visited while in Okinawa.

IMG_4492

Like most of the popular beaches, Manza beach also came with a designated swimming area accompanied by signs warning of the deadly Box Jellyfish. Perhaps the crafty jellyfish snagged the missing rider of the jet ski.

IMG_4502

2 comments: