Sunday, March 15, 2009

NAS Brunswick, Maine

Photobucket

The next great adventure courtesy of the Navy has placed me in Brunswick - a relatively small town about half an hour north of Portland, Maine. I'll only be here for the next two weeks...two weeks of fun and relaxation! Just kidding.

Photobucket

Update:

So I'm here because all Navy Pilots are considered "high-risk assets" information-wise. The school is known as SERE (Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape) and teaches us how to successfully carry out these four things in the event we crash in enemy territory. A lot of the information they gave us is classified so too bad.

All in all, I can honestly say it was the worst week of my life. I have never been more cold, tired, sore or hungry. Having fat guys slap me around and throw me into walls didn't help anything either. To sum it all up, I would say the best way to describe this week is Boot Camp combined with the Holocaust.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun. Lucky bastard. I wish I could go on vacation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. because..SPIT...you're...SPIT....fat!!! (then you bite his ear off and take his knife)

    ReplyDelete